Following on from yesterdays yellow wedding mood board post I thought I would show you how this hue can be used in a cohesive colour palette.
Yellow and grey look lovely together, the sophisticated muted grey has an almost calming effect on the vibrant yellow, making it look really sleek and chic.
Here’s my round-up of where this palette has been used to great effect……
- This is such a pretty bouquet using a simple white and yellow palette mixed in with grey berries and lambs ear for a soft and silvery effect. Found via One Wed.
- I do love a good bit of typography and wooden letters are my favourite decor piece and perfect for guest books. Having them sprayed up in shades that match your scheme add that little bit extra colour and interest. Found via One Wed.
- How amazing is this hanging flower garland? Would be fab as an alternative ceremony backdrop. This one is actually by BHLDN and is a little bit pricey, but you can find an interesting tutorial for how to make one yourself here at DIY or Don’t.
- Another interesting garland, this time using tissue paper pom poms. Found via Green Wedding Shoes
- Such a simple idea. Pieces of coloured card have been used to create a quirky and whimsical backdrop here. Found via Juliet loves Romeo
- I love how the table runner provides a little pattern and texture to this simply beautiful tablescape without being too overpowering. Found via Style Me Pretty
- Paper stripey straws and pennant flags double up as drinks stirrers too and create a co-ordinated feel. Found via Heart Love Weddings
- Hanging colour-co-ordinated ribbons to the back of chairs adds some much needed colour to an otherwise neutral room, and are an easy way of updating simple chairs without having to go down the chair cover/organza sash route. You could choose to have just the bride and groom chairs decorated this way to differentiate them, or go to town and dress every chair. Kristin Spencer found via OMG I’m Getting Married
- I love the grey stock of this stationery set, looks fabulous with the white calligraphy. Found via Invitation Crush
- And finally this vibrant yellow bouquet really complements the muted grey bridesmaid dress. Found via Green Wedding Shoes.