Inspired by my recent trip to Paris and my stay at this fabulous hotel, I have been wanting to create a sixties Parisienne mood board for ages now.
Image credit: me!
And yes I know I’m due a few posts about my Paris trip too, stay tuned this week as I share the inside scoop on my stay at the Thoumieux Hotel. It really was a magical place to stay with wild yet stylish decor. As you can see from this little peek they have a real sixties vibe going on and I J’adore the colour palette of dusky blues with pops of yellow and gold. If you’re feeling brave enough a flash of leopard print would add a certain je ne sais quoi too.
A Paris inspired wedding planning mood board created by event designers Pocketful of Dreams, to provide a little inspiration for your party or event:
Image credits: 1. icingdesignsonline.blogspot.com 2. lylaandblu.com 3. fashionstylemag.com
4. boats-ag-ainst-the-cur-rent.tumblr.com 5. stylemepretty.com 6. blog.jelanieshop.com
7. My own picture 8. shannondarrough.com 9. witanddelight.tumblr.com
10. marthastewartweddings.com 11. kenzasmg.blogspot.fr
- Soft and floaty dusky blue chiffon would be the perfect accompaniment to a chic sixties inspired getup for the bridesmaids. Sexy, flirty shift-dresses with backcombed or beehive hair.
- And of course a little statement gold jewellery, complete with the most gorgeous of dusky blue nail polish
- A bold graphical sixties print, like the wallpaper in the picture above, would be prefect for your paper suite, mixed in with beautiful hand scripting in gold.
- Flowers are also bold and statement-making and try adding in lemons to your displays for a contemporary twist and a splash of colour
- Here’s a chic idea for your seating plan, mini bunting style escort cards in a soft natural stock, edged with yellow, blue and gold fringing. Le chic and unique.
- Lemon macarons HAVE to be served up to your guests, it’s the law.
Drop by the blog tomorrow when I’ll be sharing details of my stay in Paris as well as the most delightful Parisienne engagement shoot.
TAGS: Bridal Inspiration Board, colour inspiration, Event Design, Event Planning and Design, Event Styling, Inspiration Board, mood board, Paris, PArty Mood Board, Pocketful of Dreams, Sixties, wedding ideas, Wedding Inspiration, wedding mood board, Wedding Styling