As another week draws to a close, it’s time for us to bring you our weekly round up of what’s been going on across Pocketful of Dreams and the rest of the blogosphere.
WEEKLY CATCH UP
We are full of inspiration at the moment and this has been another bumper week for Pocketful of Dreams, with the blog literally bursting at the seams as in addition to our normal posts, we brought you our Modernistic Event Styling Guide. We had an absolute ball preparing this and hope you like these new Styling Guides designed to help you take one of our inspiration boards and turn it into reality. As ever, all feedback welcome.
Here’s a round up of this week on the blog…
- We kicked off the week with our Modernistic inspiration mood board – a bold look for a contemporary wedding
- Venue Guide - whether you live North, South or somewhere in between we brought you our suggestions for venues to complement this modernistic style
- Our first real wedding of the week was intimate and beautiful with a laidback holiday vibe
- Another week, another Chat Time and we had some fantastic discussion and suggestions coming through this week as we chatted about our favourite meals to cook a loved one
- Our Event Styling Guide continued with ideas for origami decor, modern stationery and structural blooms as well as a Shop the Style guide.
- Our bridal Look Book showed you how to dress for maximum impact at your modern wedding
- Having a civil ceremony but craving the formality of a church aisle? Then you need to read our wedding trend alert feature where we showed you how to use natural elements to style your aisle!
- This week’s wedding planning advice stirred up a lot of discussion when we asked whether a bride should give a speech on her wedding day.
- A fabulous real wedding in the North Carolina mountains with some great advice about letting go
- We talked to Michelle Hailey, the hugely inspiring UK director at the fabulous twobirds Bridesmaid – you don’t want to miss this interview!
- And last but not least, we finished up our Modernistic Styling Guide with a look at high impact food and drink.
As ever, we’ve been scouring the web for inspired and inspirational content. Here are our favourites from this week:
- We adore this tour around the home of Angela Margolis, co-founder of LA wedding planners Sterling Social, via Inspired By This
- Simple but beautiful table settings on Design*Sponge
- Ever since our Autumnal Styling Guide, I’ve been slightly obsessed with brides rocking cardigans over their wedding dresses, so imagine my excitement when I saw this post from A Cup Of Jo
- This post from Oh Happy Day about balloons in a photo booth just can’t help but make you smile!
- I love this post on I Spy DIY on how to create a a fabulous looking gem embellished sweatshirt
- Glitter animal masks? Yes please! Brought to you via The Glitter Guide
Have a fantastic weekend whatever you are up to; I am off to my parents for a well-earned rest and no doubt far too much home cooked food!