It’s fair to say that Christmas for most of us tends to be a time of indulgence and so following on from last week’s Festive Party Food post we thought it was only right and proper that this week we turned our attention to some festive boozy tipples.
CHRISTMAS DRINKS INSPIRATION
Christmas time tends to conjure up images of mulled wine and eggnog but if they’re not your bag or you just fancy trying something a bit different this year, then you’ve come to the right place as we have collated our favourite seasonal drinks recipes…
- Embrace the season with Winter flavours like cranberries and cinnamon and mix with warming drinks like ginger beer, rum and brandy. This Mulled Cranberry Cocktail from Martha Stewart sounds like the perfect tipple to warm up recently arrived guests or how about this pretty Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail which I think would be the perfect post-dinner tipple.
- Pomegranates are another fabulous fruit which can be given the festive tipple treatment. Like your alcohol neat? Then opt for Jamie Oliver’s Festive Spirit cocktail comprising chilled tequila and crunchy pomegranate seeds!
- Or if you want something a little more family friendly then a punch can be a great option for a large gathering either on Christmas day or for a New Year’s celebration. This Pomegranate Champagne Punch will have your guests coming back for more and can be made child friendly by substituting the alcohol for lemonade or soda water.
- Give eggnog a warming twist by spiking with cognac and whiskey
- If champagne is more your style, then add a bit of fun to your drinks with rock candy swizzle sticks which are guaranteed to impress your guests.
- And if you were a fan of our Nostalgic Christmas inspiration board from earlier in the week, then you must try making some Candy Cane Martinis; featuring vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps with crushed candy canes for decoration, they really are the Christmas season in a very stylish glass!
Which festive drink have you got your eye on?